I got my first smartphone in late 2011 and have enjoyed every minute of it. After using a friends iPhone and seeing what else was out there I opted for something Android based. I didn’t want the latest and greatest but something that could be rooted and still had 3rd party Roms and Kernels being developed for it. I opted for the HTC Evo 4G.
Samsung Galaxy S4: My current phone. It’s been a great phone but it’s definitely time for a new phone.
LG G3: Nice size & mostly rootable.
Moto X Pure: Finally got the wife onto a non-bloatware phone. 🙂 She refused to let me put a custom rom on her earlier phones so this is the best option.
LG Vivid (or some such) rooted and ran a custom rom, Samsung Galaxy S3 stock.
- Plume – Twitter client. Also capable of viewing your Facebook subscriptions
- CalenGoo (commercial)
- Cloud Print – print as pdf, etc to my printers setup via Google
- ES File Explorer
- FlightRadar 24
- Kingsoft Office
- Moon+ Reader
- MX Player
- MyBackup & Titanium Backup
- Roboform (requires paid online subscription)
- Rocket Player (commercial)
- SwiftKey (commercial)
- TubeMate (commercial)
- WiFi Overview 360
- Google Play (was: Google Market)
- GetJar (Offers: Paid apps for free)
- Amazon Marketplace (Offers: Daily paid app for Free)
- AppGratis (Offers: Almost daily Paid app for Free)